German Department - 2019 Blitzlicht Conference
The German Department of Georgetown University is pleased to announce the 2019 Blitzlicht Conference, featuring 5-10 minute presentations from undergraduate and graduate students on any topic related to German language, literature, culture, or history. The conference will be held on Friday, March 29.
Is there a German Studies-related topic you’re passionate about, but your friends are tired of you constantly bringing it up?
Here’s your opportunity to delve further into whatever obscure or absurd German-related interest you have, share it with a larger scholarly community, and gain valuable academic and professional experience at the same time!
Why should you participate?
- Share a passion, interest, or cultural theory with others!
- Gain public speaking/presentation experience!
- Learn how academic conferences work!
- Expand your knowledge of topics in German Studies!
- Practice thinking analytically and critically about cultural objects you don’t typically encounter in a university classroom!
- Put it on your résumé or CV!
What should the presentations look like?
Presentations should be 5-10 minutes long, followed by a very brief Q&A. While they may cover any topic related to German Studies, your presentation needs to articulate an argument, rather than merely presenting the audience with facts.
Abstracts (200 word max) are due to email@example.com by Friday, February 22, 2019.
Friday, March 29 at 3:00pm
Healy Hall, 106
37th and O St., N.W., Washington
No recent activity