Is Fast Fashion Sustainable?
- Rebecca Ballard, Founder and CEO, Maven Women
- Bennett Freeman, Senior Advisor, Know the Chain
- Pietra Rivoli, Professor, Georgetown University McDonough School of Business
- Shivika Sinha, Director of Digital Marketing, Alex and Ani
- Lisa Thompson, Founder and CEO, Ivy Citizens
- Vishal Agrawal, Professor, Georgetown University McDonough School of Business
The fashion industy has gained a reputation as a polluter, human rights abuser, and an outlier in the movement toward social responsibility as companies respond to the demand to provide more, cheaper, and faster products. But are we now witnessing signs of progress? Join our panel of industry experts as they discuss efforts to upend, reinvent, and otherwise disrupt the "fast fashion" industry. Learn how companies both big and small, as well as consumers, can play a role in reforming how we buy, wear, and dispose of our clothes.
Hosted By: The Global Social Enterprise Initiative (GSEI)
Wednesday, April 26 at 5:30pm to 7:30pm
Rafik B. Hariri Building, Lohrfink Auditorium
37th and O St., N.W., Washington