Project Management (Staff) 2 Days September 12 & 13
Wednesday, September 13 at 9:00am to 4:00pm
Healey Family Student Center, Herman Room 3700 O Street NW, Washington, DC 20057
Intensive Two Day Workshop
Secrets of Sane Project Managers
Delivering work on-time and on-budget can be a real challenge. Making sure you deliver what is expected, ideally the first part of the project, is often done inadequately, leading to missed expectations and frustration. This course presents a sane project management model, tools and practices.
Our goal is to blend theory with application and save you time, frustration (and credibility) by:
· Practicing foundational project management skills
· Identifying resource within Georgetown that can help you after class
· Drafting a personal roadmap for getting more done with and through people
Specific activities you may choose to complete during this session include:
- Articulating the purpose, players and products of the project
- Practice kicking off the project so all team members feel engaged and aware of their responsibilities and interdependencies
- Breaking the work effort into meaningful pieces, estimating time, cost and risk elements of that work
- Determining the proper resources for that work and where to turn for help
- Creating a project plan that fits their group's needs, expectations and practices
- Engaging vendor management to help you secure outside services, monitor performance and stay within the legal limits of the contract (NOTE: if we coordinate with Georgetown's procurement team, having them present a short overview of their services to the attendees, this section is much more powerful.)
- Preparing a plan for effective project communications & risk
- Selecting appropriate quality measurements for the project deliverables and project activities
- Discussing and practicing project performance reviews, including who should receive those evaluations, as well as what should / should not be in the review
All registrations must have supervisor's approval.
Registration is for the full time of the scheduled workshop. Please do not request late starts, early departures or leave time except for emergencies.
* Must attend both days to receive credit.
**Please note that there is a $90 materials and facilitation fee for this event which will be charged directly to the registrant's cost center. A Workshop fee will be incurred for all registration not canceled at least 72 hours before workshop
- Event Type
- Open to the public and the press?
- Event Contact Name
- Event Contact Email
No recent activity