Rise Up: LGBTQ Rights, Then and Now
The Georgetown Gender+ Justice Initiative and the Newseum present a conversation inspired by the exhibit, "Rise Up: Stonewall and the LGBTQ Rights Movement."
Free tickets for Georgetown students by 10/25/2019
RSVP at http://bit.ly/RiseUpPanel
Free with Newseum admission. Seating is on a space-available basis
A panel of leading experts will address the long struggle for LGBTQ rights as well as the current threats and challenges affecting LGBTQ people with an emphasis on transgender rights.
The discussion will be moderated by Nan Hunter, Georgetown University Law Professor and scholar specialized in constitutional and civil rights
- Paul Smith, Vice President for Litigation & Strategy at the Campaign Legal Center, Georgetown Law Professor & scholar specialized in civil rights and liberties
- Sandy James, Attorney specialized in rights and policies affecting trans people for FreeState Justice
- Sharita Gruberg, Director of Policy, LGBT Research & Communications Project for Center for American Progress
- Connor Cory, Attorney specialized in LGBTQ immigration for Whitman-Walker Health
- Mark Stern, Legal Analyst and Supreme Court correspondent for Slate magazine
Accommodations regarding a disability & info @ email@example.com
Saturday, November 2 at 2:30pm to 4:30pm
Newseum, Knight TV Studio, Knight TV Studio 555 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W. Washington, DC 20001